Tuesday, May 24, 2011

DINNER



A few nights ago, I made dinner for my roommate and myself. We had pork chops that I rubbed with olive oil and S&P and popped in the broiler for about 10 minutes. I made a fennel salad with just thinly sliced fennel, olive oil, fresh squeezed lemon juice, and some spices. I also made stuffed mini Portabellos. Mmmmmmmmmm!!! So good. Just some bread crumbs and seasoning topped with shredded mozzarella cheese and baked in a little white wine...which was the highlight of the evening, but not for the reason you would think. The girl that had lived here before me had left behind quite a bit of stuff, a dining table and chairs (which I later bought from her) and some other things I have since tossed but I had completely forgotten about a decorative 2 foot tall bottle of 2002 d'Aquino Pinot Grigio that was hiding in the cupboard. What a pleasant surprise and wonderful addition to our meal! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment