Tuesday, May 24, 2011

RENAISSANCE FAIRE













A few weeks back, Easter weekend, I went to the Renaissance Pleasure Faire with my mom and my cousin, Layla. NERD ALERT! This is something my mom truly enjoys and she has attended 21 out of the last 22 years, it has been going on much longer than that and has changed locations. The former location was much better, but whatevs. Any who, this is probably our last REN Faire in SoCal, so my mom insisted we go. I'm usually not a huge fan, but with my interest in jewelry making and crystals, I was much more willing this year...
My purchases this year were a silver skeleton arm pendant, a fox tail, and food food food. I thought I had taken pictures of the food, but I have no idea what happened to them, so I will give a little description. Bruschetta on thick Texas-style toast, freshly made with feta, and a HUGE cream puff drizzles with chocolate sauce! It was like the size of my hand!
At one point, we decided to pop a squat and watch a show to rest our feet. I don't remember what these guys were called, but they sang dirty, naughty songs and gave us a food laugh.
The highlight was the wand maker. He makes wands of all sorts, but he also makes replicas of Harry Potter wands. Layla was somewhat attached to Bellatrix LaStranges wand...which isn't a good thing! Haha. They were really cool. The wand maker gave us "phoenix" feathers. Red dyed feathers.
Overall, it was a fun day. Check out the REN Faire, if nothing else, for the people watching. It's hilarious. People get soooooo info it. Check out the Green Man here, with the weird knight chick!

No comments:

Post a Comment